Whether its buying or selling the real estate process can be daunting. You can try to navigate thru it yourself or hire a professional . Here are 20 reasons From the Texas Association of REALTORS to do the latter..
1. Homes are bought by comparison. I have a large inventory at my disposal
through MLS while you have an inventory of one.
2. I am very familiar with competitive houses so I can help you position your
3. It is hard negotiating for yourself. I have lots of experience in writing contracts
and can negotiate aggressively on your behalf.
4. Buyers are not always forthright about their financial situation. I insist on prequalifying
before I even bring you an offer.
5. My lender contacts and mortgage experience help buyers get the financing
6. Most buyers don’t want to tell the seller why they don’t make an offer. I can
probe the buyer or his agent for that information.
7. Any follow up you do with a buyer can be seen as desperation. I follow up as
part of my job so that you are not perceived in a compromising light.
8. I can showcase your improvements better so that you don’t appear like you
9. Most sellers who spend their time as a For Sale By Owner end up by listing
in the end. A recent NAR survey found that only 11% of sellers nationally
ended up selling by owner. Why spend your time and money if in the end you
will hire a REALTOR®?
10. Unqualified buyers can tie up your home. I make sure that doesn’t happen.
11. Personality conflicts with a buyer can get in the way. I come between the
buyer and the seller so that personalities don’t enter in.
12. Most buyers use a REALTOR®, which increases the number of buyers who
will see your home.
13. I can mobilize my company agents and other area REALTORS® on your
14. An NAR survey of recent closed sellers found that REALTOR®-assisted sales
brought in 20% more sales price than For Sale By Owner sales.
15. A FSBO sign makes you vulnerable for any curiosity seeker or unsavory
character. When you list, only buyers accompanied by a REALTOR® will get
into your home.
16. Being accessible to show your home limits your personal time and cuts down
the available showing time. When you list, your property will be available
during normal showing hours and the prospect will always be accompanied
by me or another REALTOR®.
17. Additional exposure through MLS and the Internet brings you a higher price.
18. I orchestrate the contract-to-closing process, including the appraisal, buyer loan
process, title, inspections, pest control, survey, etc., taking this burden
off of you.
19. I make sure that you are compliant with all laws relating to the sale of your
20. I only get paid when I get the job done.