Via: Texas association of Realtors. I thought this was good advice for sellers who are staying in the home while trying to sell. It is a bit difficult for buyers to see themselves in a home that is occupied but simple clean up and de-personalizing can definitely help!
08/29/2014 | Author: Editorial Staff
When done right, open houses are a great way for potential buyers to see your property at its best. When done wrong? You risk ruining your chances of a quick sale. Below are the worst mistakes sellers make at open houses as identified by Parade Magazine:
- Staying during the open house
- Not leaving enough time before you leave to prepare the house
- Not cleaning up at all before you leave
- Letting pets stay during the open house
- Trying to mask odors with stronger odors
- Trying to mask sounds, such as traffic noise, with louder sounds
- Not turning on lights before you leave
- Blocking access to parts of the house
- Leaving notes for buyers, pointing out features of the home
Remember, your Texas REALTOR® knows how your property will appeal to buyers. Listen to his or her advice about open houses and other matters regarding your home’s sale.