Via: Texas Association of Realtor’s
Just a few growing trends to look out for. This post was essentially for Realtor but I feel Sellers can get a benefit from knowing what the latest trends are that buyers are looking for.
10/02/2014 | Author: Editorial Staff
Privacy, personal elements, and practicality are a few of the features that buyers purchasing new homes desire, according to experts interviewed by Builder magazine. Here’s what designs those experts say are popular this year.
- Private outdoor spaces. Buyers are looking for outdoor areas that have some privacy from nearby houses.
- Outdoor “rooms.” These covered outdoor spaces adjoin interior rooms but provide access to outside.
- Personal touches. Those buyers purchasing new or existing homes are looking for ways to introduce their personal touch in a home, typically through custom fixtures, flooring, and kitchen designs.
- More room in the garage. Cars aren’t the only items homeowners store in garages. Buyers are looking for extra space to expand their storage options.
- Small and efficient. Some buyers are looking at smaller homes seeking energy efficiency and functional spaces.